- 1 Geography
- 2 Overview
- 3 The Headmaster
- 4 System
- 5 Daily Life
- 6 Houses
- 7 Known Attendees of the School
- 8 Known Teachers and Staff
- 9 Trivia
- 10 References
- 11 Navigation
Weston College is a closed-off area that does not tolerate anything, not even government intervention.
The students of Weston College are under strict discipline that stresses the importance of traditions and customs. They are raised to become the sophisticated gentlemen of Britain through an exclusively boys' dorm life and their individual high-level educational curriculum.
In order to obtain that prominent status, the nobles send their sons to the school, regardless of the extremely high fees.
Since the school's founding, its custom is that the headmaster decides all matters within the school, and his or her decisions are absolute and incontrovertible. The headmaster also chooses the prefects to govern the school. Tradition is crucial and it constitutes to the school's system.
On June 4, the school's traditional cricket tournament takes place, having been held for over a century. The grand tournament happens annually, and the winning dormitory hosts a boat parade to celebrate its victory. There are two events to commemorate the eve and end of the tournament, and on these two days, students are exceptionally allowed to invite their families and important acquaintances to the school's dining hall.
The regular uniform consists of a black swallow-tail coat, a black waistcoat, a white shirt, a tie in the pupil's house colors, black trousers, and black leather shoes. The emblem of the student's respective dormitory is embroidered on the tailcoat. The clothes are made of wool, and the buttons are either silver or covered.
The uniform also comes with a black top hat which is worn outside the school buildings and a black cloak which is worn when it rains or it is cold. The cloak has a large hood and the lining is either blue, red, violet, or green, depending on the student's dorm.
The uniform of the prefects is the same as the regular one except that their trousers are not plain black, but have a houndstooth pattern. Furthermore, prefects may choose to wear different colored waistcoats with whatever pattern they like, and they, their fags, and the fags of their fags are allowed to wear their dorm flower in the buttonhole of their jackets.
The sport uniform consists of a white shirt, a white jacket whose border color depends on the student's dorm color, white trousers, and a pair of white canvas shoes. The uniform is made from cotton and is not as form-fitting as the regular uniform to allow more room to move.
Regular students are not permitted to meet with the headmaster, hence only prefects can. However, prefects' Fags have the ability to meet up with him as well if they attend the Midnight Tea Party with their respective prefects, an event organized by the headmaster himself.
- Main article: The headmaster
The Headmaster's Office
The office consists of a spacious room with vast, intricate windows. Gears hover overhead, and there is a rug along that extends to steps which lead up to the headmaster's desk. Pipe organs are set to the sides of the room, and a large pendulum swings in the center.
The Vice Headmaster
If the headmaster is too busy to welcome new students, the vice headmaster is to represent him. He is to relay the school's traditions and make the new students pledge their obedience to the school by writing their signatures in a book. Weston College's current vice headmaster is Johann Agares.
There are a total of four prefects, one from each house. The prefects were originally Edgar Redmond (Red House), Lawrence Bluewer (Blue House), Herman Greenhill (Green House), and Gregory Violet (Purple House). Currently, the prefects are an unknown individual (Red House), Clayton (Blue House), Edward Midford (Green House), and Cheslock (Purple House).
Rules are established in order to administer the school accordingly. Students are to swear to obey these rules and the school's tradition and discipline. Their pledge is then made official when they sign a certain book.
- Number 15 states: At all times, you should share your hearts with your friends, and help them out with love. Every student has to be equal under the headmaster.
- Number 48 states: The only ones allowed to cross the lawn are the prefects or those granted permission by them.
- Number 87 states: In case of an alarm such as a fire in the school or one of the dormitories, all students should rapidly seek refuge in the school gardens and have prefects take a roll-call.
- It is against the rules to be called by the first name, as stated by Lawrence Bluewer. However this doesn't seem as strictly reinforced as the other rules, as several people are seen to be breaking this particular rule without severe repercussions.
Fag Time is one of Weston College's characteristic traditions where the lower years are obliged to help out the upper years. For instance, their duties may require cleaning the upper years' rooms, ironing their uniforms and preparing hot water bottles at night.
Not only upper years, but prefects have fags as well. Prefects' fags have special rights such as they are allowed to wear the dormitory flower on their chest similar to the P4 and they can cross the lawn if permitted. They may also accompany the prefects whilst they are in the Swan Gazebo. Furthermore, the prefects' fags may attend the midnight tea party organized by the headmaster together with the P4.
Failure to follow the rules results in a penalty. Penalties are measured by the penalty points "Y" given. If one is given a "Y," the said student is required to transcribe a Latin poem one-hundred times.
Just like most schools, the ringing of the bell controls the lives of the students. Students have a certain schedule that they need to follow.
- 6:30 A.M. - Rise
- 7:00 A.M. - Early Morning Tea
- 7:20 A.M. - Go to School
- 7:30 A.M. - Start of Class
- 9:00 A.M. - Breakfast/1st Period Break Time
- 10:00 A.M. - Fag Time
- 2:00 P.M. - Afternoon Break
- 5:00 P.M. - Cricket
Students are allocated to certain houses, in accordance to their quality and skill at a subject, and their status and personality.
- Main article: Scarlet Fox
Scarlet Fox (also known as the Red House) is one of the four houses of Weston College. Its emblematic animal is the fox, and its distinguished color is red. The particular characteristic of the students is that they are of exceptionally high birth or gentility. The prefect in charge of this house was Edgar Redmond who is later succeeded by an unnamed prefect. The former Prefect's Fags are Derrick Arden, Maurice Cole, and Joanne Harcourt.
- Main article: Sapphire Owl
Sapphire Owl (also known as the Blue House) is one of the four houses of Weston College. Its emblematic animal is the owl, and its distinguished color is blue. The particular characteristic of the students is that they excel at studying. The prefect in charge of this house was Lawrence Bluewer, who is later successed by his Fag, Clayton.
- Main article: Green Lion
Green Lion (also known as the Green House) is one of the four houses of Weston College. Its emblematic animal is the lion, and its distinguished color is green. The particular characteristic of the students is that they excel in the martial arts and sports. The prefect in charge of this house was Herman Greenhill, who is later succeeded by his Fag, Edward Midford.
- Main article: Violet Wolf
Violet Wolf (also known as the Purple House) is one of the four houses of Weston College. Its emblematic animal is the wolf, and its distinguished color is purple. The particular characteristic of the students is that they are accomplished in the arts. The prefect in charge of this house was Gregory Violet who is later succeeded by his Fag, Cheslock.
Known Attendees of the School
- Edgar Redmond (former dormitory leader; senior student; dismissed)
- Lawrence Bluewer (former dormitory leader; senior student; dismissed)
- Herman Greenhill (former dormitory leader; senior student; dismissed)
- Gregory Violet (former dormitory leader; senior student; dismissed)
- Cheslock (former Prefect's Fag; Prefect)
- Clayton (former Prefect's Fag; senior student; Prefect)
- Edward Midford (former Prefect's Fag; Prefect)
- Joanne Harcourt (former Prefect's Fag; second-year student)
- Maurice Cole (former Prefect's Fag; senior student)
- Ciel Phantomhive (former Fag of a Prefect's Fag; former junior student)
- McMillan (junior student)
- Soma Asman Kadar (junior student)
- Derrick Arden (former Prefect's Fag; fifth-year student)
- Richard Greenson
- Hans Hardy
- Robert Isaac
- Ewan Thewlis
- Heinz (Green Lion Dormitory student; a cricket player)
- Coward (Sapphire Owl Dormitory student; a cricket player)
- Colett (former junior student)
- Randolph Morton (Scarlet Fox Dormitory student)
- Humphry (Scarlet Fox Dormitory student)
- Carter (Scarlet Fox Dormitory student)
- Mcgregor (Scarlet Fox Dormitory student)
- Vincent Phantomhive (former dormitory leader; Sapphire Owl alumnus)
- Diedrich (former dormitory leader; Green Lion alumnus)
- Alexis Leon Midford (former Prefect's Fag; Green Lion alumnus)
- Aleister Chamber (Scarlet Fox alumnus)
- Charles Grey (alumnus)
- Charles Phipps (alumnus)
Known Teachers and Staff
In each of the dormitories, several workers are employed for maintenance.
A dormitory warden is a teacher who lives in the public school's dormitory and guides the students. His routine includes going to the school with the students to teach his subject in the morning. At night he returns to the dormitory with the students, and during his free time he helps ones who ask for aid with their homework. Each dormitory has its own dormitory warden; from May to June 1889, Blue Owl's dormitory warden was Sebastian Michaelis.
An appointed lady is in charge of taking care of the dormitory.
A cook is to prepare the meals for the inhabitants of the dormitory.
A footman is hired to serve the meals at the tables at the dormitory.
- The ages of the students range from 13 to 18.
- The four houses are highly competitive and harbor a strong dislike for one another.