The timelines on this page are taken from characters' speech and actions in the anime and manga. As a result, some of the dates are not entirely clear.
- Grim Reaper 136649 attempts to leave the Grim Reaper Dispatch. He fails, but manages to destroy half of its headquarters.
- 136649 successfully deserts from the Grim Reaper Dispatch. Some time afterward, he opens a funeral parlor under the "name" Undertaker.
- Diedrich is born.
- Alexis Leon Midford is born.
- Rachel Dalles is born.
- 14: Prince Albert dies.
- Mary Jane Kelly is born.
- Vincent and fellow prefect, Diedrich, bet that whoever wins this year's cricket tournament gets a wish fulfilled.
- 4: Vincent brings Blue House to victory for the first time in the history of Weston College. This event is later dubbed "The Miracle of Sapphires."
- Upon winning the bet, Vincent makes Diedrich his lifelong fag.
- Vincent Phantomhive and Rachel Dalles become engaged.
- Francis Phantomhive marries Alexis Leon Midford.
- Soma Asman Kadar is born.
- A boy is born and given the codename Subject #12.
- N. McMillan is born.
- Sieglinde Sullivan's parents partake in a military project to find out a way to use mustard gas successfully. Eventually, it comes to a gas leak in the factory where it's produced, resulting in the death of Sieglinde's father.
- Sieglinde Sullivan is born.
- Doll loses a tooth, and Joker, Beast, Jumbo, Wendy, Peter, and Dagger set forth to earn money in order to keep up the illusion of the Tooth Fairy's existence for Doll.
- The beginning of the Emerald Witch Education Project.
- Ciel has his first asthma attack.
- Kelvin saves Joker, Beast, Wendy, Peter, Doll, Dagger, and Jumbo from East End and lets them live at Renbourn Workhouse.
- Kelvin meets "Ciel" at a party and becomes obsessed with him. Shortly afterwards, he encounters Doctor and begins a long process of undergoing many plastic surgeries in order to become more "beautiful" for "Ciel."
- Kelvin allows Doctor to kill the young children at Renbourn Workhouse, where the first-tier circus members are from, to use them as materials for artificial limbs.
- The Phantomhive twins meet Diedrich, Pitt, and Undertaker while the Aristocrats of Evil come together at the Phantomhive Manor. Pitt takes a photography of the twins with the help of Undertaker.
- Rachel and Ciel fall ill, and Vincent and "Ciel" call Diedrich to help them cook something for Ciel and Rachel. The next day, Rachel feels better but Ciel doesn't. Not wanting to spoil his parents and twin the anticipated boat tour, Ciel allows them to leave him behind at the manor.
- After a fencing lesson with Francis, "Ciel" tells Elizabeth that he is scared of his aunt as she is "strong" and says that he is glad that Elizabeth will be his wife. Upon hearing his words, Elizabeth makes a life-changing decision.
- Vincent teaches his twin sons about the duties of an Earl.
- 24: "Ciel" tells Ciel that Santa Claus does not exist, and Ciel decides to hide and wait for Santa Claus. He is proven wrong when he sees Tanaka setting out the presents.
- A pregnant Angelina and Burnett are struck by a carriage which kills her husband and results in the removal of her unborn child and womb.
- 14: Phantomhive Manor is attacked under mysterious circumstances and burned down. Vincent, Rachel, Sebastian, and all of their servants except Tanaka are murdered. "Ciel" and Ciel are believed to have died as well, but were actually kidnapped and given to human traffickers.
- "Ciel" swallows the blue Phantomhive family ring.
- 15: The twins are sold to a man, who later brings them to a meeting of his cult. To "defile [their] pure and innocent souls," the twins are then violated by the cultists.
- 24: Ciel remembers a past Christmas and declares that there cannot be a God.
- Shortly after the deaths of her relatives, Angelina begins murdering prostitutes who request abortions. After one of these killings, she meets Grim Reaper Grell Sutcliff, and together, they become Jack the Ripper.
- After being kept as a slave for one month, "Ciel" is used as a human sacrifice. This allows his younger twin brother to summon a demon and form a contract with him. He takes his sacrificed brother's name, Ciel Phantomhive, and names the demon Sebastian Michaelis and makes him his butler.
- Ciel orders Sebastian to burn down the cult's cathedral and says farewell to his brother.
- Undertaker rescues "Ciel" from the burning cathedral. He resumes his "Bizarre Doll project" with "Ciel" as one of his primary subjects.
- Sebastian Michaelis restores Phantomhive Manor.
- Ciel and Sebastian learn how to be an Earl and butler respectively.
- Ciel and Sebastian head to Germany for a mission and find Subject #12 after he escaped from an underground laboratory. They take him to England, and Ciel gives Subject #12 the name "Finnian."
- The American veteran Baldroy and the Chinese sniper/assassin Mey-Rin are employed as Phantomhive servants as well.
- Ciel establishes Funtom Corporation.
- Clayton is invited to the Midnight Tea Party as he sacrificed himself to defend a spectator from getting hit by the ball.
- Edgar Redmond, Lawrence Bluewer, Herman Greenhill, and Gregory Violet become prefects.
- Derrick Arden, Johann Agares, Richard Greenson, Hans Hardy, Robert Isaac, and Ewan Thewlis, die.
Events of the Black Butler Arc
- Ciel receives a secret drug shipment from Chlaus.
- The following day, Elizabeth visits Phantomhive Manor and throws a dance party. When Ciel fails to wear the ring she got him, she breaks his one-of-a-kind family ring. Ciel brushes it off and dances with Elizabeth. That night, Sebastian fixes the ring.
- Later, Ciel is kidnapped by Azzurro Vanel who demands the drugs Chlaus had delivered. Sebastian comes to rescue his master.
- Azzurro Vanel is murdered by Sebastian Michaelis.
August – Events of the Red Butler Arc
- (possibly) 12: Ciel is sent by Queen Victoria to investigate the Jack the Ripper killings in London. He meets up with Angelina, Lau, and Grell, who assist him in his investigation.
- Ciel and Sebastian turn their attention to Angelina and Grell.
November – Events of the Red Butler Arc
- 9: Mary Jane Kelly and Angelina Dalles are murdered by Grell Sutcliff.
December – Events of the Red Butler and Indian Butler Arc
- 14: Francis and Elizabeth come to visit Ciel at Phantomhive Manor to celebrate his birthday.
- Soma and Agni come to England to look for Mina.
- A string of attacks on Anglo-Indians prompt Ciel to return to his London townhouse to investigate.
- His investigation leads to him and Sebastian acquainting Soma and Agni in East End. They later decide to stay at the townhouse.
- Agni seemingly betrays his master and joins forces with Harold West Jeb to help him win a Royal Warrant in an upcoming curry contest. However, Agni only does it to conceal the truth about Mina.
- Sebastian, as representative of Funtom Corporation, enters the curry contest. As the judges cannot decide a winner between him and Agni, they opt for a draw. However, Queen Victoria and her attendant John Brown arrive, and she declares Sebastian the winner, since his Curry Bread can be eaten by all.
- After the contest's end, Soma learns the truth about Mina, and Mina and Harold are murdered by Ran-Mao on Lau's orders.
February – Events of the Circus Arc
- Upon learning that the Noah's Ark Circus' visits correspond with a string of kidnappings, Ciel and Sebastian are sent to investigate.
- While attending one of the circus' shows, Sebastian is bitten by the tiger Betty and sent by Joker to see Doctor. Upon displaying impressive acrobatic skills, Joker invites Sebastian to join the circus.
- The following day, a disguised Ciel comes to the circus and takes its entrance exam which Sebastian helps him pass. They join the circus under the stage names Smile and Black respectively.During their stay at the circus, they meet another new member – William T. Spears whose stage name is Suit.
- Ciel learns that the circus members have information on him, and Sebastian is able to find out that Kelvin is the circus' patron.
- 8: Afterwards, they return to the townhouse.
- 9: Kelvin, Jumbo, Wendy, Peter, Dagger, Beast, Doctor, Joker, and Doll die.
- Ciel and Sebastian head to Kelvin Manor, only to find out that they were already expected. There, they learn that Kelvin is obsessed with Ciel for years and wants to replicate the day Ciel was sacrificed. Disgusted, Ciel shoots Kelvin. Before Joker can go to Kelvin's aid, Sebastian cuts off his left arm.
- Doctor reveals that he has been using children to make the circus members' artificial limbs. When he kills a girl, Ciel orders Sebastian to kill him and burn the place down. Right afterwards, they run into Doll who, after learning of Joker's death, moves to stab Ciel. It is implied that Sebastian killed her.
- Meanwhile, the first-tier circus members sans Joker, Doll, and Snake attack Phantomhive Manor to capture Ciel Phantomhive who, allegedly, is currently staying there. However, they all die at the hands of Mey-Rin, Baldroy, and Finnian.
- Ronald Knox and William are sent as clean-up for the high number of deaths due to the fire while Grell collects the souls of the circus members who died at Phantomhive Manor.
- Upon the Queen's orders, John Brown, Charles Grey, and Charles Phipps watch the burning of Kelvin Manor.
- The next day, Ciel and Sebastian go to visit Renbourn Workhouse and learn that is has long since been destroyed.
- Elizabeth requests that they get new clothes to go boating, so Nina Hopkins comes to the manor to make new clothes for Ciel and Elizabeth. 
March – Events of the Phantomhive Manor Murders and Luxury Liner Arc
- Displeased with Ciel's decision to burn down Kelvin Manor, the Queen commands him to host a party for the visiting German diplomat Georg von Siemens.
- 12: Georg von Siemens and Patrick Phelps die.
- In order to properly entertain his guest, Ciel invites several prominent British people such as: Irene Diaz, an opera singer, Grimsby Keane, a famous producer, Karl Woodley, the head of a diamond polishing business, Phelps, the heir to a shipbuilding/shipping company, as well as Arthur Conan Doyle, who is contemplating giving up writing as no one seems to enjoy his work. Lau, Ran-Mao, and Charles Grey are also present.
- Georg retires early, and Ciel heads off as well, but becomes a suspect when, in the same night, Georg is found murdered in his room. To prove his innocence, Ciel has to share a room with Arthur who is later appointed to find the murderer.
- Sebastian Michaelis is brutally stabbed with a poker, and Patrick Phelps dies in Ciel's bedroom due to the bite of one of Snake's snakes.
- 13: Jeremy Rathbone arrives late at the manor as the storm apparently delayed his coming. He aids Arthur with the investigation. They can identify Woodley as the culprit.
- 14: Karl Woodley is murdered by Charles Grey.
- Woodley is arrested, and the surviving guests leave. However, Arthur has a burst of intuition and heads back to Phantomhive Manor.
- Ciel reveals that Sebastian never died and the murders were, in fact, done by Charles Grey on orders of the Queen to test Ciel's capability and loyalty.  Sebastian shows his true demon form to Arthur - an encounter which deeply affects him for the rest of his life.
- Ciel hires Snake to work as a footman.
- Lau visits Ciel and informs him about Karnstein Hospital and a cult that revives the dead.
April – Events of the Luxury Liner Arc
- Margaret Connor dies.
- 17: The Campania departs from Southampton for its maiden voyage to New York City.
- 19 and 20: Susannah Connor, Sophie Smith, Tim Lumis, Alan Foster, Nick Beaton, Helen Roth, and Rian Stoker die.
- Ciel and Sebastian sneak away from a dinner party to attend the cult's meeting. There, Rian Stoker demonstrates the Complete Salvation with Margaret's corpse. Margaret is indeed "revived," but quickly becomes aggressive which results in the death of her mother and several others.
- Ciel and Sebastian split up: Ciel heads after Rian who fled the scene, and Sebastian fights Ronald who came to check on Margaret. Elizabeth and Snake who join Ciel. In the freight room, they discover numerous coffins with Aurora Society's symbol on it. They break open and "zombies" tumble out.
- Sebastian rescues Ciel, Elizabeth, and Snake. They capture Rian who reveals that there are two freight rooms and the second one holds ten times as many zombies. Said zombies cause havoc all over the ship. Sebastian goes to see after the other Midfords while the others follow Rian to his room to retrieve a device which can stop the zombies.
- The Campania collides with an iceberg and will sink within an hour. Ciel and Elizabeth are separated from Snake and Rian, and brought together with Sebastian. They run into Grell and Ronald. While Sebastian fights them, Elizabeth and Ciel are attacked by zombies and Elizabeth reveals that she is, in fact, a fencing genius who has been hiding it all along to make Ciel feel more comfortable.
- Sebastian and Ciel bring Elizabeth to the lifeboats where the Midfords are evacuating the passengers. Snake is also sent away on a boat. Then, they return to find Rian.
- Ciel and Sebastian find Aleistor who has Rian's device, and Undertaker who helps carrying it. Aleistor holds the device hostage as it should help him build the "Aurora Empire." However, when he uses the device, nothing happens.
- Undertaker is revealed to be a Grim Reaper, who is still in possession of his Death Scythe, as well as the true mastermind behind these "special zombies" which he calls "Bizarre Dolls." It comes to a fight between Undertaker, Sebastian, Grell, and Ronald.
- The Campania sinks. Undertaker splits the ship in two after entrusting Ciel his "treasure" – a mourning hair locket chain –, and Ciel and Sebastian escape the sinking boat in a lifeboat. However, they are attacked by the remaining Bizarre Dolls, and Ciel orders Sebastian to eradicate all.
- 21: Sebastian gets a day off, just as Ciel promised him. However, he doesn't get any rest.
- 22: Elizabeth hosts an egg hunt at Phantomhive Manor to celebrate Easter.
May – Events of the Public School Arc
- Ciel enrolls at Weston College's Blue House after the Queen gives him the task to find out the truth about Derrick Arden's disappearance. Sebastian accompanies Ciel to Weston as Blue House's new dormitory warden.
- Ciel learns from McMillan that Derrick suddenly transferred from Red to Purple House.
- The P4 take interest in Ciel, and Edgar sends his fag, Maurice Cole, to invite Ciel to Swan Gazebo. However, Maurice tells Ciel the wrong time, resulting in Ciel arriving late and losing the P4's favor. To retrieve it and take revenge on Maurice, Ciel makes Soma enroll at Red House to spy on him and exposes his true nature in front of the entire school. Shortly afterwards, Ciel becomes Clayton's fag.
- Edward tells Ciel that not only Derrick transferred to Purple House, but his friends too. Later, Ciel and Sebastian set fire to Purple House to bring out the students. However, all Violet Wolf students come out but neither Derrick nor his friends are nowhere to be seen.
- Some time later, Ciel is invited by Clayton to be part of Blue House's cricket team for the upcoming tournament.
June – Events of the Public School Arc
- 3: At the eve before the tournament, the tournament is formally opened by Johann Agares and the P4. Alexis tells Ciel, McMillan, and the others about Vincent's involvement in the Miracle of the Sapphires.
- 4: During their match against Scarlet Fox, Ciel lets laxatives be put in their food, making its team unable to continue playing. Meanwhile, Green House beats Purple House.
- With the usage of many different strategies and tricks, Ciel manages to lead Sapphire Owl to victory against Green Lion in the tournament's finale. This marks the second time, Blue House ever won. Later that night, Ciel receives an invitation to the Midnight Tea Party.
- At the tea party, Ciel, Sebastian, and the P4's fags learn that Derrick, his friends, and even Agares were turned into Bizarre Dolls by Undertaker after Herman murdered them when finding out about their constant rule-breaking. The P4 covered for Herman and helped him. Undertaker is also revealed to have poised as Weston College's headmaster all along.
- Undertaker informs Ciel about the Bizarre Dolls' evolution before it comes to a brief fight between Sebastian and him. Derrick's friends attack Ciel and the others, and in the chaos, Undertaker escapes.
- The P4 are expelled from Weston, and Ciel tells the Queen about Derrick and the Bizarre Dolls.
- A while after Ciel and Sebastian return to the manor, Sebastian notices that Mey-Rin needs new glasses and Finnian a new hat. The entire household goes to London for shopping and looking after the Funtom Corporation's new perfume.
August – Events of the Emerald Witch and Blue Cult Arc
- Ciel takes the complete Phantomhive household with him to South Germany after the Queen tasks him to investigate the Werewolves' Forest as more and more people died there under mysterious circumstances.
- Ciel and the servants travel to Wolfsschlucht, the only village in the forest. There they face many women who want them gone before the village's landlady, Sieglinde Sullivan, and her butler, Wolfram Gelzer, arrive and, surprisingly, invite them to Emerald Castle.
- Later on that day, a werewolf appears and attacks a villager. The village crone tells Sieglinde that the werewolf must be angry because she let outsiders into the forest. Still, Sieglinde doesn't send Ciel and the others away. Instead, she tells Ciel and Sebastian about the village and forest's history.
- Ciel and Sebastian head into the forest to investigate and see a werewolf. Both Sebastian and Ciel are cursed. Sieglinde "purifies" them, but during the process, Ciel has a PTSD attack and loses consciousness. When he wakes up, he has become very sensitive and anxious, cannot see anymore, and only allows Finnian to touch him.
- 16/17: The village crone dies.
- The Queen's butlers have identified the "curse" from the specimen Sebastian sent to them.Displeased with Ciel's behavior, Sebastian tries to end their contract and consume his soul now. This leads to Ciel confronting his past, sorting himself out, and breaking free from his mental cage.
- Ciel orders the servants to prepare to retreat. He and Sebastian get Sieglinde to bring her to the outside world. They discover a secret military facility underneath the castle.
- The poisonous gas Sieglinde created is given the name "SuLIN" by the village crone who also reveals the truth about the forest.
- Ciel escapes with Sieglinde from the facility, and Sebastian is left to collect samples of SuLIN, erase all formulas of it, and get rid of the soldiers and scientists. Sebastian murders Professor Sullivan with mustard gas.
- 17:  Anne Drewanz, Grete Hilbard, and Hilde Dickhaut die.
- During their escape, Ciel, Snake, and Baldroy are joined by Diedrich, and shortly afterwards, they are attacked by a Panzer. Sebastian comes to help them, and he and Ciel destroy the panzer while the others head to a nearby military railway.
- The German Grim Reapers, Sascha and Ludger, are, surprisingly, sensed by Ciel, and Ludger remarks that it could be because of his lineage. He and Sascha are later joined by William and Grell who are searching for Undertaker.
- The Phantomhive servants, Sieglinde, and Diedrich escape on a train. Ciel, who later joins them with Sebastian, decides to take Wolfram with them.
- At Weizsäcker Castle, his home, Diedrich tells Ciel and Sebastian about Undertaker's recent visit and ominous words.
- Ciel, the servants, Sieglinde, and Wolfram go to London. Sieglinde is prepared for her debut in the Queen's drawing room by Nina, Sebastian, Ciel, Soma, and Elizabeth.
- While Ciel and Sieglinde are in the Queen's drawing room, Sebastian dumps the SuLIN samples in a case into the sea.
- Undertaker, apparently, visits Ciel at night without Sebastian's knowledge.
- Edward is invited by Herman to attend Sphere Music Hall.
September – Events of the Blue Cult Arc
- Ciel receives a letter from the Queen about his next mission: to investigate the odd nature of the Sphere Music Hall's gatherings. Right after finishing the letter, Edward comes and tells him about Elizabeth's disappearance.
- Ciel and Sebastian go with Edward to the music hall, and Blavat sees straightaway through Sebastian's disguise. After Sebastian is thrown out, Blavat reads Ciel's fortune and tells him that he is a "Sirius."
- Some days later, Ciel attends a Sirius event and falls asleep during it. Sebastian waits outside the hall for him and meets Fred Abberline who entrusts him about odd corpses found in Epping Forest. While driving back to the townhouse, Sebastian notices that Ciel smells of blood. They discover needle marks on his left arm, and Sebastian brings Ciel to Sieglinde and Wolfram who find out that someone drew blood from Ciel.
- With Nina's help, Sebastian can infiltrate the hall. During his search, he runs into Elizabeth who attacks him. He knocks her unconscious and brings her to the townhouse. However, as soon as Elizabeth wakes up, she returns to the music hall.
- Grell and Othello are investigating Sphere Music Hall as well.
October – Events of the Blue Cult Arc
- Ciel opens a music hall on his own – the Funtom Music Hall – with Edward, Cheslock, Clayton, Joanne Harcourt, and Soma as "his version of the S4" – the Phantom Five.
- 31: Ciel hosts a Halloween party at Phantomhive Manor for the residents of the nearby village.
November – Events of the Blue Cult Arc
- Pitt and Sebastian catch members of the Sphere Music Hall disposing corpses in Epping Forest.Shortly afterwards, Pitt's article about the happenings at the music hall is printed on the front page of a newspaper, ruining the hall's reputations forever.
- 15: Blavat murders several bureaucrats, and Agni is murdered by an "unknown" assailant at the Phantomhive townhouse.
- After finding out that Blavat is in Bath, Ciel and Sebastian head there. However, they only find the corpses of the bureaucrats and Gregory. There, they also encounter Othello and Grell.
- Othello informs Ciel that the bureaucrat's death dates were overwritten – something which happens very rarely – as their blood has been replaced over and over again. Afterwards, Ciel and Sebastian immediately head back to London.
- After discovering the chaos at the townhouse and bringing an injured Soma to Sieglinde, Ciel and Sebastian return to the manor – and are greeted by Ciel's believed-to-be-dead twin brother and true heir to the House of Phantomhive: "Ciel."
- Sebastian confronts "Ciel" about his sudden reappearance as he certainly died in January 1886. Undertaker appears to answer his question and to confirm his own involvement in the matter. He also states that he only resurrected "Ciel" as he could not bear to lose another Phantomhive.
- "Ciel" states that he was always beside Ciel, watching his life from afar for the past three years.
- Grell and Othello enter Phantomhive Manor, and Othello declares that it is now time to punish Undertaker for his deeds. However, various Scotland Yard officers and Fred Abberline, Alexis and Edward Midford enter the manor shortly afterwards, preventing any fights.
- Alexis and Edward learn about the twin switch, and Elizabeth appears to confirm Ciel's lies.
- Ciel is arrested by Scotland Yard after "Ciel" and Blavat framed him for the Sphere Music Hall serial murders. Blavat and Sebastian are arrested alongside him.
- Elizabeth is taken home by Edward.
- Finnian, Mey-Rin, Baldroy, and Snake help Ciel and Sebastian to escape from the police carriage.
- 16: Afterward, they pick up Ciel and Sebastian in a forest before heading to London. There, they try to hide at the Funtom Corporation headquarters before going to the Lark Photographic Studio where Pitt helps them escape through the sewer system.
- For an undercover mission, Mey-Rin and Ran-Mao start working as maids at Heathfield Manor.
|To facilitate the extensive process of revising all articles in Kuroshitsuji Wiki, we will focus on one aspect at a time. We will focus on the manga and all elements associated with it (i.e. characters and chapters). This template is to serve as a warning: pages/sections marked with this template, ranging from the anime characters, episodes, OVAs, musicals, songs, and out-of-the-universe information, will not be our priority; thus, they may not be up-to-date, substantiated, or thoroughly cleaned as of yet.|
Promoted by the Manga Mission. Help is greatly appreciated.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.