Karnstein Hospital is a medical facility that is renowned for allegedly reviving the dead.
The Karnstein Hospital is an institution that conducts illegal human experimentation in an attempt to resuscitate the dead back to life. According to Aleister Chamber, a woman by the name of Madam Samuel was the cause of the Hospital's efforts being publicized in the newspaper.
Their procedures are executed surreptitiously in order to evade the risk of being caught. They are able to conceal their work to the extent that Sebastian Michaelis was not able to find a clue inside the hospital.
However, the upper-rank doctors in the hospital, including the director, Rian Stoker, have opened an association called the Aurora Society where its true face is a secret group that consists solely of doctors who have been confirmed of conducting illegal human experiments daily.
- The hospital may have been named after the vampire Carmilla, whose real name is Mircalla, Countess Karnstein, from the novella Carmilla by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu.
- Kuroshitsuji manga, Chapter 51, page 10
- Kuroshitsuji manga; Chapter 51, page 11
- Kuroshitsuji manga; Chapter 52, page 20
- Kuroshitsuji manga, Chapter 51, pages 12-13
- Kuroshitsuji manga, Chapter 51, page 18